Saturday 2 June 2012

Evaluation On Changes In Terrestrial Television


From my initial idea of talking thinking about creating a program that is based around digital boxes and also the digital switchover I believe that a lot has changed and I believe that it has changed for the good too and it was mainly because of my group, the problem that I had with the start when concerning my group was in fact that some of the people in the group are really unreliable and this was a huge worry for me even though I had everyone’s number so would be able to contact them which I had to do several times although when we all came in I believe that we worked brilliantly, in my group I had Danny Jack who from the start shared the same views as me and I wanted to work with him on this project because his pitch was about the digital switchover and my original idea of the digital boxes also talked about the digital switchover so I have always thought it would be ideal to work with Danny, another reason is that Danny has a fantastic attendance and someone who I can rely on to always be in and share idea’s. Fred is someone who has never been consistently in, in lessons but when he is in he brings great ideas to the table and it was because of Fred that we changed our overall idea to The Changes In Terrestrial Television also Fred was our reporter and I believe that he is very talented in front of camera as he can create sentences from the top of his head and is also great at interviewing people such as members of the public and also the store manager at Hewitts where we where allowed to film, also Fred was excellent at organizing a Skype interview with Max Velody from ITN and it was his idea to try and do an interview through skype also he was interviewing Max in the live show and was able to improvise without questions although I had already printed some off for him. Luis Winder is another member of our group who isn’t always in because he has to travel far every morning but I have wanted to work with Luis as I know he is brilliant as a vision mixing and also is very organized when picking the roles that we wanted Luis wasn’t in so I decided to give him the role as the vision mixing although I believe now that he would make a brilliant director but with him not being in I had to choose the roles myself, Luis is also talented on final cut and knows what shots are best to fit into where which was another reason why I thought he would be good as our vision mixer and editor.  Nyasha Tsikai was our director and someone through this process that I worked very closely with I have great respect for Nyasha and believe that he was capable for being the director as he is older and more mature than the rest of the people in our group I don’t have a problem with Nyasha although I believe that he needs to write his ideas down because in my opinion he has some excellent ideas but doesn’t write them down which can be a problem because after explaining the ideas it hard to remember some of them. I felt that I was a good producer because I took a lot of time to help produce this show such as writing scripts and looking at research and also thinking of ideas to make our show great, I felt that I would be a good producer although it doesn’t really test my ability because I chose to be the presenter as there wasn’t any other role where I could be a presenter and something else except producer.

I believe that the filming of the VT could have went a bit better than it did because when we went to the Sharston skip we was not allowed to film inside there premises which meant that we could only film outside of there site, the shot that I wanted to get was of the old televisions been thrown out because there is various questions online that people are wondering what happens to the old televisions when they have been recycled so I was looking to show people shots of televisions in a skip but we managed to get an interview with a member of staff where it was good to hear his opinions on the matter, Nyasha was also able to secure an interview with Andrew from Hewitts in Sharston too which was terrific as it meant that we could hear the views from someone who has worked with televisions over the digital switch over.

From my point of the final show went really well but I never seen the final product which means that I don’t know yet what time we where able to get but I think we organized it really well before although there was a few technical problems with setting up the digital box but we overcame that. The skype interview from my opinion was successful as there wasn’t any technical problems and everyone could hear what was being said and see everything correctly, so I believe that the group performed well.

No comments:

Post a Comment