Saturday 2 June 2012

Ricardos Final Show 30th May


On the final day where we where filming our shows I decided to come in a bit before half 9 just to make sure I had everything set up and ready. I began to help set up the equipment for the day ahead because I knew at some point that I would be using it. I began to get in touch with my group Nyasha, Fred, Luis and Danny this was to ensure that they will be in and ready for the long day ahead, after hearing that both Nyasha and Luis was going to be in a bit later on I began to worry a bit because our group didn’t have a rehearsal the week before, also all the groups names where being picked at random to see what time each group gets and the reason I didn’t want to go first was because for our set we where going to organise a live skype interview and the process to set up Skype live is difficult and we needed to have all our group in to help. To my relief our group was third which meant that we would have time to set everything up and be ready in time for our show, this also enabled me to create a call sheet and update the script which proved pivotal because there was a few minor mistakes that had to be changed also I was able to sit down with the group and discuss set ideas and any other ideas that came to mind.
After everything was ready to go we uploaded everything onto the tricaster which meant that there wouldn’t be any more struggle in the dying minutes before we went live also I helped create a structure to the show with times and what will showing this was helpful to everyone including the director and also the vision mixer who was happy with how everything looked, we also set up skype for the interview with Freds dad Max who works for ITN this was great because we where able to test the call a few times to make sure that there isn’t any technical problems. I also set up the studio with props that we was going to be using such as the old television and the digital box that I will be setting up live when filming we decided to do this because it makes it more entertaining for the viewers and its easier to watch someone do it than just getting told how to do it, when rehearsing before the main show it was too long which was a huge problem because we have to fit everything into a ten minute show.
We did not complete a full rehearsal before because we had to be able to fit in an interview with Max Velody from ITN and didn’t want to keep him waiting for too long which meant that we had to go try it with only practicing half of it, during the show I was the presenter and I felt as if it went well but there where a few slight problems such as when I was going to do the live set up with the television and the digital box and the reason was because the actual digital box never turned on because of a technical difficulty which meant that I had to improvise on the spot and tell people what would happen if it did come on, also another problem that I noticed was that the show seemed to run a bit too long I believe this was just simply because of a lack of communication between the director and the floor manager because we had to cut off the interview with Max Velody which was a hard thing to do when someone is half way between explaining the answer, but I felt from my perspective that I did well as the producer and also as the presenter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment