Wednesday 23 May 2012

300 Word Pitch On Comedy On The Streets

For my own VT I have decided to do something that I enjoy doing which is making people laugh, everyone has a funny bone in there body and in my opinion comedy can bring the best out of people even if its telling a simple joke to make your mates laugh or to cheer people up when they are feeling down.
My VT is going to show to people the types of jokes that you can tell and where to find them and will hopefully give people confidence to tell them to people.
It will also include when isn’t it a good time to tell jokes in certain situations and which jokes will cause more offense to people.

My main guest is going to be Andrew Lee, who is a very good friend of mine who also came runner up in the northwest young comedian of the year after losing out on points. I will be asking him various of questions on his experiences in the competition.

I will also be interviewing various students from Manchester College and finding out what they like to do to make themselves laugh and also find out if they think there is a wrong time for comedy and also what do they know about comedy in Manchester.

Even though not many people know it, but there are lots of places in Manchester where young people can go to try out comedy if that interests them. What people dont realize is that all famous comedians and comedy actors had to start somewhere and most of them started by doing stand up routines at open mic events at pubs and clubs.

Hopefully after filming this VT I will gain knowledge of stand up in Manchester and will both help me if I ever think about a hobby of being a comedian.

No comments:

Post a Comment