Thursday 24 May 2012

Evaluation On Comedy On The Streets



After finishing off my VT for “Comedy On The Streets” there where a few mistakes and issues that I had to overcome, and there was something that I wish I would have done one of the things that hasn’t helped me during my full VT was infact the camera that I used to film footage of the interview and where it was filmed, I asked for the help off my director Ashley Artingstall to help my film my interview with my special guest Andrew Lee we used Ashleys DSLR camera as it was small and easy to move around and there wasn’t any tripod needed so no need to rent out equipment, but thinking about it now after everything has been filmed I sincerely regret this because when my special guest came to Manchester for a day especially for the interview the colour was all wrong and only noticing later on when my guest had left to go home I realized  that I wouldn’t be able to film again and my lack of knowledge on final cut has forced me to ask for help off various students although I have been learning by sitting besides them.
When shooting the vox pops I have again noticed after walking away from interviewing students is that the focus isn’t completely correct and the loud noise from the cars in the background isn’t great which is impossible to work with on final cut now. I had a few problems also with motion as I found it difficult to work out how to create a piece of text being typed on although with searching online I soon found out how to and I believe I am better for knowing now, although I chose the typical black background and white writing because it is simple to read because both colours contrast and I would also hate to mess it up after putting so much hard work into creating it. Overall I believe that I should have booked out the correct equipment in order to get the right shots as this wouldn’t mean that I had to rely on Ashley to come and help me film on his portable camera.
I believe our final performance in the show went really well though, I was the producer which meant that I had to work closely with the director and the floor manager and do what ever they asked me to do, I also offered a few ideas out with the set and telling the presenter to come over and sit next to the guest on the couch when interviewing as it makes it look more relaxed and less formal.

No comments:

Post a Comment